What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.
I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme I love to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. I offer a weekly contest for those who visit 10 or more of the Monday Meme participants and leave a comment. You receive one entry for every 10 comments, just come back here and tell me how many in the comment area.
Last weeks winner (using Random.Org) was:
Congratulations! Please choose an item out of the PRIZE BOX and email me your choice with your mailing address as well! email@example.com
This week went by so fast! On the bright side I did finish up a few reads I had going and have a couple more on the brink of being finished too!
Normally this is where I would recap post by post what went on here last week, but I am not going to do that tonight. Instead, as I am putting this post together from my hotel room in New York, I am going to recap my first day here:
- Reagan (Miss Remmers Reviews) and I arrived in New York at 10:45 am after catching our 6 am flight out of Minneapolis (up at 3 am….. GROGGY)
- Upon arriving at our hotel we discovered we could not check in until around 3 pm, they allowed up to leave our luggage and we took the streets.
- First lesson: If you need to use a restroom – do not wait until the last minute. We went into three different Star Bucks that all has a suspiciously familiar sign – “Sorry Temporarily out of order.”. Yes three different Star Bucks! We tried a market place, Right Aid, two Subways, Walgreens…. they were either out of order or they said they did not have one. By this time – we are having a code orange level restroom emergency. Finally, FINALLY – we hound a Star busks that had a working restroom.
- Second Lesson: When cruising by foot down the streets of New York, occasionally look up and see what street you are on. You know… just once in a while. After walking for many blocks we found Central Park which was AMAZING. After exploring it a bit, we could not find the road we had came down to get to the park and wound up walking 40 blocks out of our way. No exaggeration. Cardio for the day? Check.
- Aha moment. New York hotels are not like Minnesota hotels. I was so excited for this hotel room and once inside and seeing the tiny lobby I became a bit nervous. The small elevator added to my level of anxiety and once to our floor and seeing the narrow hallways, I was nervous to put my key into the door…… yep. One double room – tiny. Space in New York is a premium.
- After a nap and a bit of reading I felt myself again and we walked around Times Square taking in the sights (watch for pictures popping up all week on the Morning Meanderings posts!)
- Joining us at 8:30 this evening was Esme from Chocolates and Croissants who will be a roomy for the week. We all went out to dinner at Ruby Tuesday – and had amazing salads, YUM!
- Now we are all having a Norman Rockwell meets Jane Austen moment as we are all in our room jammy blogging.
What’s The Special Brew Of The Week?
So glad you asked! I am only going to list a couple going on here this week because – well, I am at BEA and who knows how much reading (or lack there of) I will get done! However – there will be reviews each day. I have many to catch up on.
Currently reading: The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen (and LOVING IT!!!)
Just finished : Kite Runner on audio and prep yourself for an emotionally charged review! 🙂
Next Up: Annie Freeman’s Fabulous Traveling Funeral by Kris Radish This is our book club read for June.
I am excited to see what you are reading this week and plan on popping in as I can. Please link to the Linky: