12 x 12 Reading Challenge
Oh, bad challenge host….bad!!! I totally forgot this was my month to host this challenge so I am two days late getting this post up and I apologize….. thank you to klibrary on twitter who gently reminded this spacey blogger…. :O
The idea behind this 12 by 12 Reading Challenge came from two bloggers, Pizza’s Book Discussion in 2009 and FOMA’s National Just Read More Novel’s Month 2010. There will be twelve book bloggers, each hosting their own Just Read More Novel’s Month throughout 2010.
Participants can join in one, two, or all twelve of these separate reading challenges. Each month starts a brand new reading challenge. And the goal? To simply read more novels. Each of us will follow the guidelines set for January’s NaJuReMoNoMo.
The rules are whatever you want to make of them, but here are the guidelines the creator of NaJuReMoNoMo goes by:
1. Must Be A Novel. Works of fiction only, please. Memoirs, non-fiction, how-to books, and Garfield collections don’t count.
2. Memoirs Aren’t Novels. No matter how made up the story, anything ostensibly true isn’t a novel. Also known as The James Frey Rule.
3. Start and Finish in February.
4. Re-reading Doesn’t Count. Try something new. Read something by your favorite author or try an entirely new author or tackle that novel you have always wanted to read.
5. Have Fun. Nobody is grading you or paying you or judging you. Read what you like and like what you read.
Some of you had questions about the rules/guidelines. The rules are whatever you want to make of them.
If you can’t participate in this one, maybe you can in the one or more of the months ahead. Below is a list of book blogs and the month each will be host to.
J. Kaye’s Book Blog hosted February.
Alaine – Queen of Happy Endings hosted March.
One Person’s Journey Through a World of Books is hosting April.
Page Turners is hosting May.
Misfit Salon is hosting June.
Good Books & Wine is hosting July.
Bookworming in the 21st Century is hosting August.
Bibliofreak is hosting September.
Book Crazy is hosting October.
Teens Read & Write is hosting November.
My Life in not so many Words is hosting December.
For book bloggers who would like to participate, create a post for your challenge. Feel free to use the button or make your own. Please link back to this post using McKLinky so that others can find their way here.
For non-bloggers, keep a list of novels you read in April and post that list during the wrap-up post at the end of the month.
Powered by MckLinky
Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…