Happy Saturday! So many little things to do but this morning… I am chilling with my Coffee Cup, listening to Me Before You and trying not to think too hard about all I need to do this weekend. 🙂
Yesterday our local Sprint Towers were down (they still may be – I have not tried my phone yet today). You wouldn’t think not having a cell phone for a day would be a big deal… good grief, I grew up in the 80’s and we were thrown to the streets as teenagers… with no means of communication! *Gasp!* How did we survive???? But yesterday was a hot mess without the use of my phone and here is what happened:
- We have no house phone
- I had to get a hold of my husband and my calls and texts wouldn’t go through (I eventually drove to where he was at)
- There was a brunch at my house with friends and when they called me I could not be heard by them on the phone
- I was supposed to meet a friend up town and we were going to connect (by phone!) when we could meet and that did not happen
- Another friend and I had a coffee date, when she called to cancel – I never got the message
- I was expecting some important papers in the mail this week and when they fad not arrived by yesterday I could not call the company to inquire.
A day without my phone as active as this time of year was annoying. I had to drive into Sprint to find out what was going on.. they said, “we have had a lot of calls today” and I responded, “If only I could have called you…”
It really was like the Apocalypse.
For Saturday Snapshot I thought I would bring up some pics from this fall when we had a food drive for our local food shelf. It seems like an appropriate time of year to do a little post on giving. 🙂
They weighed the food and I can not remember the exact total but I believe it was over 1500 pound of food we donated that day to the Food Shelf to give out to those in need. We did this as a Church, but really any group (or family) could do this. I think I am going to bring this up to my book club, maybe next year we could pick a month where we each fill a bag to be donated. I love it when as a group we go beyond the books.
So that is my Saturday Snapshot today – hope your day is wonderfully stress free…. I have to ask… are you done Christmas shopping?