(mini challenge participations are at the bottom of this post)
Good morning! Welcome to the kick off for the Dewey Read-A-Thon. I am totally unprepared! I thought I was going to road trip to St Cloud today and look at cricut machines. I signed up for the read-a-thon a while ago and then wasnt sure if I was going to be able to do it, but as of last night knew I could just use a break from the hustle and bustle… and what a better way to enjoy a foggy fall day than surrounded by books.
I am reading for charity again, like I did in the spring… I am reading for Camp Benedict, the camp for people who have AIDS. (You can read more about my heart for this camp here. I will give 10 cents per page I read and 10 cents per minute I listen to audio to the camp.
If anyone wishes to donate to this wonderful camp you may do so here by leaving me a comment about sponsoring me (a set amount or so many cents per page/ audio minute) or by donating directly through this link.
To kick off this morning with hour one…. we were asked to give out a little info:
1)Where are you reading from today?
2)Three random facts about me…
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
1. I am reading from Brainerd Minnesota
2. hmmmm…… I have been to Honduras 9 times (10th in a few weeks here), I love adventures and have biked over 600 miles this year – 50 miles of that was in an arm cast from a previous bike ride,I have two shih-tsu dogs that are ages 15 and 13 and both driving me nuts right now. (Lets just say I don’t have kids at home… but with these two I feel like I have kids at home) 😛
3. I have a stack of 13 books and a couple of audio but mainly for variety… I know I wont make it through them all
4. To clean up some of the books I have started and have not finished due to other commitments.
5. Have fun! Be sure and check out the mini challenges, take breaks…. walk around with audio (I count that!)
Mini Challenge Participation:
I will check in throughout the day by updating this post.
9:00 a.m.: 20 minutes of audio (We The Animals) so far while I made breakfast and cleaned up kitchen
noon: One book complete, 130 pages read this morning between – mini challenges, letting dogs out and in and out and in, e one hour getting dressed, cleaned up, making lunch… but listening to Night Strangers on audio (30 minutes)
9:00 pm (not so good at checking in am I? 😛 ) finished one audio (add another hour to my totals) while putting away our lawn furniture for the winter…. not a whole lot of reading done since last check in but hoping now to crack down….