It has begun! Today through Sunday I will be in Bloggiesta mode. What exactly is Bloggiesta? Well it is a time to take a closer look at our blogs and do some…. well, let me let Pedro the mascot, explain it. Pedro?
“Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize.“
That’s it. Through mini challenges this is a time to plan out 2010 and get a little organized. I want to share with you a few highlights from the first Bloggiesta event:
I had just started seriously book blogging about two weeks prior to this event. Somehow I heard about the Bloggiesta and thought it would be a great way to perhaps (maybe) learn more about blogging, reviewing, etc…. I created a “to do” list and I participated in everything I could. I learned so much through that event that my blog came out the other side looking sharper, more effective, and I had a new confidence of how I was going to go forward. That was over 6 months ago and I cant even believe how much I am enjoying connecting with others through this Blog. And now thanks to all those who helped me, I am able to help others. 🙂
Here is my weekend to do list: (I will probably add to this as I go)
- Catch up on writing all the reviews for the books I have completed
- Have back up posts ready to go
- Send out invites for authors chats with a few authors
- Clean up my Wish List link
- Organize all my pages
- Create a new Blog Badge
- Love a bit on my blog roll…. it needs a facelift!
- Love a little bit on my blog
- Clean up my book related emails
- Get out and visit other blogs! Life has been so busy lately I have not had a lot of time to do this part of blogging which I love! (and still going!)
- Post the awards that I was planning to do at the end of December
- Revisit last Bloggiesta’s mini challenges to see if there is anything I may have missed
- Take a look at My Review Policy (written during the last Bloggiesta) is it still current?
- Catch up on the giveaways that I still need to post
- Stop in and see and comment on every participants blog (currently working on)
Here are the links to the wonderful mini challenges which I hope to participate in every one of them!
- Rebecca from The Book Lady’s Blog – 2010 Resolutions. You know you got them! Done!
- Pam from MotherReader – Blogging is about community, so check out this Comment Challenge (watch for a Mr. Linky to be up on Saturday for you to complete this challenge). Done!
- Danielle from There’s a Book – Blogging takes time & I’m sure we’d all love to blog faster. Using a cheat sheet is just one idea of how to save time. Done!
- Pam from Bookalicio.us – There is nothing worse than seeing your post on somebody else’s blog. Talking about blog copyright and what you need to be doing to protect yourself.
- Beth from Beth Fish Reads – Using categories & labels to find what you’re looking for. Done!
- Jackie from Farm Lane Books – Do not lose it all! How to back up your blog. Woo Hoo!
- Karin from Karin’s Book Nook – There is nothing worse than landing on 404 error pages. It’s time to go on a dead link hunt! Done!
- Chelle from Tempting Persephone – You have some great content. But can people find it? Here’s showing off the best of the best.
- Kristen from Bookworming in the 21st Century – Introducing a new blogger mentoring program and forum. Done!
- Jenn from Jenn’s Bookshelves – Got nothing to say (not likely – that’s why you’re blogging in the first place!) but here is an opportunity to brainstorm blogging topics. Done!
If you have time – I would suggest you go and sign up over at Maw Books and join an event that may very well make a positive difference in your blogging experience!
I will be keeping track of the invested Bloggiesta hours here: as of 1/10/2010 10:07 a.m. 17 hours