Dewey Read-A-Thon: Pop In and Cheer Me on! There Are Prizes!
Note – this is a sticky post that will stay on top during the read-a-thon. Other posts with updates will be below this one today. 🙂
It’s here! The fall Dewey Read-a-Thon is here and I am so happy I am able to be a part of it! I love everything that Dewey stands for.
As usual, I like to read for a charity. This time around I am planning to read for my local Friends Of The Brainerd Public Library. We are a group of volunteers that work to assist our library with additional literacy programming for children and adults alike, purchase additional copies of best sellers, provide opportunities to participate in events such as author events, book clubs, provide additional seating in our library, the book in a bag program, children’s books, and so much more. I LOVE being a part of this group and see us working more and more in our community to get the word out how important the local library is.
I will be donating 10 cents per page I read in the next 24 hours, and 10 cents per minute I listen to audio in the next 24 hours. I invite you to feel free to make a donation to support my cause today by clicking on the button below. Any contribution is welcome!
As a bonus, I am giving away a book or two to celebrate Dewey. You receive a chance to win book of choice or a $10 Amazon gift card by leaving a comment here, and an additional change by donating to the Friends Of The Brainerd Public LIbrary. Here are the books I am offering:
The books are:
Code Name Verity (World Book Night version I picked up at our book sale)
Ranger’s Apprentice (World Book Night Version I picked up at our book sale)
or a $10 Amazon gift card
Below is the link to make a donation to the Friends Of The Brainerd Public Library if you choose to do so. You do not need to make a donation to be entered in the giveaway.
After this opening meme, I will have a new post put up for updates – I will keep updating the same post, but please, pop in throughout the day to check in… love the company and each comment will put you in the drawing for one of the items above. I will announce the winner tomorrow with the results of my personal part of the read a thon.
The opening meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Brainerd Minnesota!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Hmmm…. I have been reading Delancey and I am excited to see where that one is going. From there I do not know 🙂
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I loaded up at the store yesterday… I think the cheese puffs will make me happy, but lunch is chicken wild rice soup that I will be making while listening to audio. Mmmmmmmm
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Apparently I am a die-hard reader. LOL… you probably knew that 🙂 Let’s see, I am Sheila and I have hosted Book Journey since 2009. I am in an amazing book club that started in 2001 and now has 16 active members, I am President Of Our Friends group – oh and I recently left my job of 10 years to commit to my writing. EEP! And randomly, I enjoy a good mud run, and love to ride my bike long distances.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I am going to try to read more. I tend to get caught up in the social part of the read-a-thon. I will be participating in the challenges, but trying for a more happy mix 🙂
If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Not my first 🙂
Ok I am off… starting with Delancey this morning and just having coffee. It is still early here 🙂
Are you participating in the read-a-thon? If not have you in the past?