Check in: it is 12:23 my time and sadly I have nothing to show for these first 6 hours. I am go-hosting the Dewey read a thon site with 5 other awesome peeps and I spent the early hours prepping my posts for my hours (and checking links and double checking links… and then when my posts started going live I am watching the website, the twitter feed, emails from participants, and the lock so I post my next one on time. 😀 *whew* Its a ll good fun though.
So not I am 35 minutes out before the next post so I am going to try to do a couple mini challenges because I am a confirmed game geek and I love the mini challenges.
So for Book Spine Poetry I went a little dark…. (you should probably imagine a dark room, people holding up their lighters and some sort of low tone twanky music in the background….
Say it slow and poetic like…. Man and boy…. the crying tree… black and blue… fatal incident….
For The Self Portrait mini challenge, here it is:
7:00 am Central time kick off of the Dewey Read a Thon for me… so this is the post that I will use for updates and challenges. And this is hour one and we have been asked to share a little info….
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am reading from Central Minnesota and yes, we still have snow…
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I have been wanting to start While We Were Watching Downton Abbey for a while now.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Hmmmmm…… baked Doritos and salsa I guess… ooh or guacamole! Of hummus!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Book lover, bike rider, adventure seeker, likes long walks on the beach…. (lol sounds like a singles ad…)
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Staying on task. I am hopeful to last longer than I did last year and read more for the cause I am supporting. 😀
And I am off!