After a day spent almost entirely in bed (I think it was the flu – achy, queasy, and tired – and not these are not names of dwarfs…) I am up and still feel a bit weak but able to function.
Top Book Club Books in February
The following are the most popular book club books during February based on votes from readers of 27,000 book clubs registered at Bookmovement.com:
1. Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue
2. Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
3. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
4. Little Bee: A Novel by Chris Cleave
5. Water for Elephants: A Novel by Sara Gruen
6. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
7. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
8. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt: A Novel by Beth Hoffman
9. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet: A Novel by Jamie Ford
10. The Forgotten Garden: A Novel by Kate Morton
The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff
Juliet by Anne Fortier
The ones I have highlighted in red are the ones that my book club has (or in the case of Cutting For Stone – will be) read as a group. The other 4 on this top ten list I have read on my own. I kind of felt good about that 😀 I have not read either of the rising stars.