Morning Meanderings… RELEASE The Read-A-Thon
Good morning! Today is going to be an AWESOME day! The Dewey Read A Thon has begun! In my next of the woods here in central Minnesota kick off time was at 6 am, however I have a small commitment this morning and will need to leave for about an hour so I started early, at 5 AM. I am hoping to make HUGE progress today.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Brainerd Minnesota
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Hmmm…. I am not sure, they all look kind of awesome
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I think I am making baked nachos for lunch
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Hmmmm…. crazy enough to get up an hour earlier then requited to start this readathon to get in as many hours as I can :)
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is probably my 4th or 5th time participating. I am being more intentional today, if I am moving about I have audio, if I can be stationary I have books…. I have done everything I can to free up my day.
I am reading for Camp Benedict, a camp that is for people infected with AIDS and for those around then it has affected. I have been to this camp and seen the power it has to bring people together in hope and compassion. I will donate to the camp 10 cents a page, and $1.00 for ever 10 minutes of audio I listen to. If you would like to sponsor this cause with me, please let me know in the comments and I will get the information to you.
I will be doing updates throughout the day here on an update post that I will start and just keep adding on to so as not to create multiple posts. Please feel free to stop back in and cheer me on :D I will take all the encouragement I can get!
In the past, I have shown pictures of the massive PILE of books I would love to get through and honestly… I never get through them… so rather than set myself for the BIG FAIL… I am going to show you the plan in baby step format….
So…. on my morning plate I have:
I have right around a hundred pages left on this read.
Then I would like to make some progress in:
I don’t want to finish this as it is a work in progress, but I would like to get 50 or so pages done this morning.
From there, I am not sure…. plenty to choose from… we will see what way I go as the day goes on. :D
Be sure to stop back here at noon as well for my mini challenge… it will be a whole lot of fun and may give you a few ideas as well :D