Morning Meanderings… It’s so funny how things work out…
*waving crazily with a scary big smile on my face*
Yesterday morning when I wrote my meandering I was whelmed. Ok…. let’s be honest… I was OVER whelmed. I looked at everything I had going on for the day and found myself wondering how I was going to do everything I planned to do that – and do it well. Then as the day rolled on, a snow storm rolled in – that canceled my work out at the gym, and my 6 PM meeting, allowing me to bump up my dinner with my son adding more time for us to spend together and taking a little off of me for the evening.
This morning as I sit here with COFFEE CUP after a wonderful good night of plenty of sleep and I look back on this past week I cant help but feel blessed to be a part of it all.
- Both boys (BOTH BOYS) were home for Christmas!
- On Christmas day Chance, Justin, and I stayed up until 2 a.m. playing Sequence…. addicting game!
- My 14-year-old puppy who has doggy dementia (yup – it’s an actual disease for dogs) since this summer, is still with us and doing well.
- Chance and I have been spending our evenings watching episodes of LOST like they are popcorn and loving our time hanging out together.
- I had a wonderful lunch with Dawn yesterday – which was not on the original crazy agenda – but I am so glad we were able to do that – good food and good company!
- A couple of days ago I went and seen friends of ours adopt a little guy at the court-house. It was AMAZING and I am so glad I went.
- Last night having dinner with Brad before he headed for the airport at 3 am this morning was PRICELESS. We had fajitas, talked, and laughed. He may not be back from the navy now until August of 2011.
- I love my job. I really do….I love the people I work with and what I do.
- Al and I will probably go out to a nice dinner tonight to close out 2010 and welcome 2011 with all the mystique and wonder that it will bring with it.
And that is just a week… I can’t even contemplate the entire year of good things that have come our way.
This afternoon I will be posting what I believe were the best books I read in 2010. I look forward to expanding that list in 2011 and really stretching myself in my reading. I have not had time to plan out resolutions yet but I will.
If you are off and making plans for this historical moment of the ending of 2010 and the ringing in of 2011, I hope you have a wonderful time, stay safe and if I do not see you in the blogosphere yet today, I hope to see you often in 2011.